There is so much chatter, noise and hype surrounded social media that I thought I would post some of my thoughts (and others)...
1. Social media is here to stay - get with the program
2. The program will differ depending on who your target market is. Gen Y (much of Gen X and younger) in western countries can be found on facebook, twitter, etc. but their parents probably not...
3. Mobile and social will be big - who looks at their twitter feed and facebook account on their phone? I certainly do...everyone is sure to catch on.
4. Businesses interacting with (not just advertising to) their customers via internet tools will become normal.
Check out these posts:
- The next 15 trends in social networking
- Fluent: The Razorfish Social Influence Marketing Report
- Debunking Social Media Myths